iOS 4 Causes Problems With Second Generation iPod Touches

Apple’s iOS 4 has added a lot of great features to iPhones and iPod touches, but it has also caused a lot of issues. Ever since iOS 4 has been installed on my second generation iPod Touch, I have been having a lot of issues with it. There have also been a lot of reports from Real Gadget Reviews’ readers that they have also been having a lot of issues. One of the biggest things is that it causes a lot of crashes. I believe that this is mainly because it uses more RAM than iPhone OS 3, and this causes applications to not have access to enough RAM. This is just my opinion. I have noticed that with iOS 4 a lot of my RAM heavy applications and a few very simple applications have been crashing for no reason at all. The web browser is also unstable. This could be because second generation iPod Touches just don’t have the hardware required to run iOS 4 smoothly, but if that's true, why was it released for them in the first place? If Apple knows that it will cause problems, which they should have known, they should have either found a way to resolve them, or just made second generation iPod Touches unsupported for the update. Another big issue is that battery life has been greatly decreased. Before the iOS 4 update I could use my iPod Touch for days without recharging, but now, if I leave it off the charger at night when it is fully charged, it's dead the next morning. I would have been okay with this if iOS 4 added a lot of features, but it didn’t, at least not for second generation iPod Touches. The biggest feature that we got is probably the ability to have all of your emails unified into one inbox. Other than that, I don’t really see any great improvements. If anyone at Apple is reading this, please take action to fix this, because not all of us have the cash to upgrade to the newest hardware every six months.

1 comment:

  1. i have a lot of issues too i need to downgrade my ipod back to ios 3 or ios 2

    ReplyDelete

Copyright Notice

You are not allowed to publish or copy any of the content on this website to any other website or location on the Internet unless you are given written permission to do so.