Immersing Myself Into The World of Technology

This post was my first post on my Tumblr blog, which I am now migrating to Real Gadget Reviews. Enjoy:
For my first post, I thought that I should probably write a little bit about myself and how I was introduced to the world of technology, and maybe a little bit about why you should even read this blog and what gives me the credibility to write all of this stuff (and by stuff I actually mean my opinions on technology, etc.). 
I got my first computer when I was about eight years old (at least I think that I did, I can’t remember very well). It was an old HP tower (computers where white back then) and at the time I thought that it had some pretty amazing specifications. As far as I can remember, it had 32 MB of ram, a 20 GB hard drive (I was very proud of this), a CD drive, a 400 MHz processor, on-board graphics, and I think that was about it. Attached to it I had a 17 inch CRT monitor and a 56k dial-up modem. Now, I thought that this was a pretty good setup at the time, except for the dial-up. I have always been a pretty impatient person and waiting for pages to load was extremely unnerving for me. Anyway, I think that Windows XP somehow ran on my computer, and I was pretty happy with it. Ever since then I have been extremely interested in the world of technology; printers, scanners, cameras, mobile phones, laptops, sound systems, software, you name it, and I had researched it. I spent my days on all kinds of gadget blogs, reading and re-reading posts, and then researching their contents. I knew about almost every gadget on the market. 
Now, times have changed; I no longer have that old computer, I am no longer 8 years old, and I also no longer have the time to research every gadget on the market, but I try. I don’t have a fancy degree relating to technology, nor do I get paid do do anything related to technology, but I am a gadget enthusiast. I spend every spare minute of my time obsessing over technology, and those spare minutes are what I am going to write about on this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright Notice

You are not allowed to publish or copy any of the content on this website to any other website or location on the Internet unless you are given written permission to do so.