PNY Customer Service Experience; Horrible!


I purchased an 8 GB PNY SDHC card a couple of years ago, and I was pretty happy with it. It was a class 4, and I had tested it with some flash memory benchmarking software, and it didn’t live up to its name, as you can see in the benchmark below. It should be at least 4 MB/s for each test below in both read and write speed. That was my first disappointment, but I was still fine with the card. My real problems came when the plastic on the connector pins started to chip off. At first I thought that it would not be a problem, but it turns out that plastic is sensed by most SD card readers, which use it to determine whether or not there is an SD card inserted. This meant that my SD card was practically useless. Luckily, the card had a lifetime warranty, so I decided to call PNY and ask for a replacement. I called at about noon on a Tuesday, at which time most companies are usually working. I was talking to a machine for about ten minutes, and was then told that I would be called back. I waited a couple of days, and then I was, and was told that I was not eligible for a replacement if there was physical damage. This was completely unacceptable for me. I mean, it was their fault that they built a card which breaks after less than two years. I have had many other SD cards, and they have survived for much longer than this one. I was on the phone for about fifteen minutes, with no progress. I decided that I would just give up on it and buy another card, on that was not PNY. My experience with PNY was completely unacceptable. First I had to wait two days to actually talk to someone, and then they didn’t honor their lifetime warranty.

Anyway, I ended up buying another card, the Transcend TS16GSDHC10E 16 GB class 10 card. Benchmarks are below, and I am very happy with the card. It also has a lifetime warranty, and I am hoping that I will not have to use it. If I do, I hope that it is actually honored. Overall, I am very disappointed with PNY and will never buy one of their products again, and I am very happy with the benchmarks, performance, reliability, and more of my new Transcend card. 


PNY Benchmark


Transcend Benchmark


No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright Notice

You are not allowed to publish or copy any of the content on this website to any other website or location on the Internet unless you are given written permission to do so.