Samsung Infuse 4G


The Samsung Infuse 4G is just your regular Android device, or should I say it used to be. The phone is quite old, being released in May of 2011, but it will still probably serve most people okay. The device features a large 4.5 inch display, but sadly the resolution is only 480x800. The glass on the display is Corning Gorilla Glass. 16 GB of internal storage will serve most users just fine, though there is a microSD card slot for storage expansion. The device also features HSDPA+ with speeds up to 21 Mbps, though unfortunately there is no dual channel support for T-Mobile users and LTE is also not present. WiFi 802.11n is also included, though that is probably needless to mention. The device upgrades up to Android 2.3 Gingerbread, so you won't be getting all of the latest and greatest new features of Android, but the device will still work fine. The processor is average for an Android 2.3 device, being a 1.2 GHz Cortex A8. Battery life is actually pretty good for an Android device, being rated at 8 hours of talk time, though realistically it likely won't be that much. Feel free to read the user review below, and add your own opinion in the comments section. 

"The cell phone I currently use is the Samsung Infuse, and I switched to this phone after using the iPhone. I like the bigger screen of the Infuse, and I also prefer the Android over being tied to iTunes with my former phone. The actual call sound quality is good, and I like louder volume range of the Infuse. Ringtones and notification tones are easy to get, and I have a wide range of the ones available to me for download to use on my phone through Zedge. Music is easily added to the phone and I like the ability to create playlists on the Infuse. The camera and video feature is adequate and I find the features easy to figure out. I like the 2nd camera that lets me use Skype video calling with my phone. There are plenty of apps available, and I was actually pleasantly surprised at the number of apps out there for the Android. I use Netflix on my phone and the video and sound quality is good for a phone. Maybe I use my phone a lot, but I find that the battery requires charging a lot. I do listen to internet radio quite a bit and often use my phone for internet and email, so I am sure that is most of the problem with the battery. It most likely is me and my heavy use of the phone and not the battery. Texting is easy with the phone, and texting groups of people, sending photos, and forwarding texts is fairly straightforward. The keyboard is easy to use, but it did take me a couple days to get the “feel” of typing on the keys. The vocabulary will let me add words and names easily to its memory, which is a handy feature. I like it that the screen rotation can be so easily turned off and on, and I also like the task manager that lets me close out of applications I am not using. I have also used the GPS, but I find that really drains the battery if I do not have it plugged into my car charger. I have my work e-mail and calendar set up on my phone and I find this extremely convenient. It helps me keep up with my high volume e-mail when I am not at work. One of the phone’s features I use a lot is the timer feature. I do a lot of cooking and baking, and I find I do not even need kitchen timers. Another feature of the phone that I use a lot is the alarm clock feature, and it’s convenient to set different alarms for different days of the week. One drawback of my phone is that I find it freezes up and requires a restart too often, in my opinion. Usually once a week or more it locks up at random times and I need to turn it off. Occasionally when I do this, it totally saps the battery for no apparent reason. I can have a nearly-full charge, and will find the battery in the red zone when the phone comes back on. Not sure why it does this, but it has never gotten any worse, so I am okay with it until I decide to upgrade. Overall, the Samsung Infuse has served me well."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright Notice

You are not allowed to publish or copy any of the content on this website to any other website or location on the Internet unless you are given written permission to do so.