Samsung Restore


Samsung's Restore, or M575 (model number for Virgin Mobile) is a basic messaging device without many other features. The M575 is available on Virgin Mobile, but the device also goes by the name "Samsung Restore" and model number M570 on several other carriers. The device's basic specifications are a slide out QWERTY keyboard and a 2.6 inch display with a resolution of 240x320. For a messaging device that is all you will really need. It's a cheap phone, so you can't really expect much else. The device does have EVDO Rev.0, so if you are really in a bind you'll be able to do some basic web browsing. A 2 megapixel camera is also on board, though quality likely won't be good enough for viewing photos on anything but the phone itself. GPS is also a feature of the M575, though considering it isn't a smartphone, it's doubtful what you would use the GPS for. Battery life is decent at 6 hours, though for a phone that does as little as this one, one would expect the battery to get you a little further. We've included a user review below, but feel free to post your own in the comments.

"My Samsung M575 is great. The slider function is great and it helps typing texts. Last phone I had was a candy bar phone from Motorola. I don't know how I managed to type texts on that thing. It was hard on the fingers, especially the thumbs. My phone is specially made for Virgin Mobile. This phone has it's downside as a chip keeps falling out when I push the slider in or out. I push it back in occasionally when I want to push the keyboard in or out. The causes me to worry about the overall functionality of the phone. In addition, it is easy to put your fingers where the single meets your phone. This will really cause distortion in your current phone call. This is not easy to locate. I frequently have distorted conversations due to this. I really like the slider feature and the keyboard on this phone. It makes it easier to type texts. Additionally I like that they keys are bigger than a candy bar phone. It is a relief! Additionally it makes it easier to read the web and check email when you can read vertically. It leaves for more reading space. I love that the text is bigger. My phone is low cost. I consider the Samsung M575 a step below an Android or iPhone. It is a lot less money with most of the same browsing features. My phone did only cost $30 when I bought it on ebay. It was a little more than I bargained for, but I wasn’t about to spend $100 to $200 on a smart phone. I just want a simple phone to talk, text and occasionally search the web on the go. I do need to check my email from time to time on the go and the Samsung M575 allows me to do this. I would highly recommend this phone to anyone searching for a bargain and good web connectivity."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright Notice

You are not allowed to publish or copy any of the content on this website to any other website or location on the Internet unless you are given written permission to do so.