Samsung Intercept


The Samsung Intercept is an older CDMA device on Sprint and Virgin Mobile with specifications that aren’t for a power user, but will do just fine for someone looking for a basic messaging device. The phone has a 3.2 inch screen with a low 240×400 resolution. Quite honestly, the display on this phone is atrocious. Luckily, there is a slide out hardware keyboard. The phone does have WiFi 802.11g and EVDO Rev.0, which aren’t the fastest technologies, but will have to do. The camera is a measly 3.15 megapixel shooter and the Android version on this device only goes up to 2.2 Froyo, which is practically obsolete at this point. Battery life also isn’t that great with a talk time of 5 hours and 30 minutes. From a specifications standpoint, the phone doesn’t look that great, but feel free to read the user review below and add your own opinion in the comments.


"I have had my Samsung Intercept for a little over a year now with Virgin Mobile. The Intercept is my first smart phone that I have owned so far. When I first got it I was very excited about all the features it possessed. It was a slider phone with a QWERTY keyboard and also touch screen. I loved the keyboard and it is easy to use and also because I do not like typing on a touch screen, plus the slide out makes it more like a typewriter and easier for me to type and text. The bad thing about it is that the volume control is right under the keyboard, so everytime I am texting it turns the volume down and is almost impossible to text without hitting the volume control button which is very annoying. I have had to replace this phone 3 times so far in less than a year’s time, luckily it was still under warranty each time. The phones would freeze up all the time, or turn off by themselves constantly. The new Intercept would work fine for a few months, then it would do the same as the others that were replaced. This phone has not been very dependable in the fact of it always functioning properly. I have to take the battery out of it occasionally when it freezes up and have had to do factory reset a few times also. It also will turn itself off when I plug it into the charger and reboot itself back on. The phone lock will sometimes get stuck and it takes a few times to input the code to get the phone to unlock. This phone was not cheap either, so that is why I keep putting up with all it’s flaws, would like to at least get my money’s worth out of it. The camera worked great at first. Now, sometimes when I take a picture it will freeze and not save the picture. I have missed out on a few once in a lifetime shots of things due to this camera defect. As far as ringtones with this phone, you can set a different downloaded ringtone for calls with your contacts, but it will not allow you to have different ringtones for text message contacts. This is a feature I do not like either. This phone has blue tooth, internet, high-end multimedia features, and some pre-loaded apps including Google Play.I would not advise picking this phone to anyone in the long run. This phone has way too many glitches and problems that come along with owning it. This phone has caused me much frustration and I am planning on getting a different one as soon as it is feasible."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright Notice

You are not allowed to publish or copy any of the content on this website to any other website or location on the Internet unless you are given written permission to do so.